If you’re new to the world of online casino gaming, and want to know what all of the fuss is really about, then a great place to start is, most definitely, online casino promotions! These promotions are a fantastic way to boost your bankroll, as well as encourage you to try out new games across various sites.
Promotions, or bonuses, are usually relatively easy to claim, and can be coming your way just for signing up to a new site. These are known as a Welcome Bonus and can come in a number of different forms:
- Deposit Required: this type of bonus means that you have to put your own money forward as credit for your new gaming account, before the bonus prize will be given. The prize can be either free spins, multipliers or playable cash/credit.
For example, the online casino might offer a Cash Match bonus, in which a specific cash deposit is required on your end, before they will match that amount in playable cash in return. Sometimes, a fixed amount of free spins may also be on offer alongside the Cash Match. It’s also important to note that some casino sites will require you to play your own cash deposit before they will dish out the bonus – so don’t panic if you don’t receive the Cash Match straight away!
- No Deposit Required: this type of bonus is the easiest to trigger, as it doesn’t require you to do anything else but sign up to a site to benefit.
This isn’t always just an offer for new players. In fact, sites will often run No Deposit Required bonuses on new games for all players, to encourage you to try out the latest additions to their site.
As well as these various forms of Welcome Bonuses, you may also encounter Free Spins Bonuses for all players. Much like the No Deposit Required bonus, you won’t have to put forward any cash to trigger this bonus, however they will most likely only apply to certain games.
Bonus Spins and Extra Spins bonuses are similar to the above, however they will have wagering requirements that you must meet before you can reap the benefits and have these spins credited to your account.
Other forms of online promotional bonuses include:
- Reload Bonuses – extra playable cash that will be put into your account after you play the money you’ve already deposited.
- VIP Bonuses – for members who play frequently, and/or are high-rollers.
- Refer a Friend Bonus – these are usually activated via a unique code, which members can share with their friends and gain a reward in return, when their friends sign up using the code.
- Cashback Bonuses – this allows you to get your money back if you don’t end up bagging a win.
- High Roller Bonus – this applies to members who regularly deposit and play large amounts of money in one sitting.
In terms of UK online casino gaming, the Cashback and Reload bonuses are the most popular promotions by a longshot. Aside from the Welcome Bonuses that will operate constantly for new players, you’ll find that most online casinos will regularly run various other promotions in order to say thank you to their loyal players, as well as to encourage you to try out the newest additions to their gaming catalogue.